The new high performance Polyester strapping
Polyester strapping are characterized by a very consistent tensile strength and a very high elongation. Characteristics that are most decisive for a safe strapping method. Unlike strapping made from steel, Polyester strapping have a high elongation and absorb shocks and impacts during transportation and handling far better than steel strappping. The excellent elongation features allow the substitution of steel strapping for the same application with a Polyester strap having a lower breaking strength.
The modern Polyester strapping system offers many advantages
STARstrap™ Polyester strapping offers excellent mechanical features such as hig breaking strength, outstanding elongation and perfect tension retaining capabilities.
These characteristics result in:
- no damage or contamination of packaged goods (corrosion-resistant)
- high shock absorption in case of impacts during transportation
- less pressure on edged of the package
- perfect and individual secured packages
- strap tension remains tight in cases where package may shrink during storage or transportation
- substitution of steel strapping by STARstrap™ Polyester strapping allows the use of a strap with less breaking strength
- reduction of material costs (up to 50 %)
- less injury risks in case of strapping breakages
- easy and clean handling compared to steel strapping
Steel / PET – strength-elongation curve
STARstrapTM – Polyester strap performance
Depending on the security requirement during transport there are thre product groups:
STARstrapTM – This product group is obtainable in widths between 9 and 19 mm. It can be used for strapping paper, cardboard, timber batches, rocks, cans and plastic products.
STARstrapTM-plus – is distinguished for its high joining quality and edge stability. This type of strap is thus particularly suited to meet the exacting standards involved in securing products during transportation.
In many cases this strap is used for the strapping of:
- Sharp-edged and heavy packages in the metalworking and construction materials industry
- Highly compressed textile bales
- Heavy bundles in the woodworking industry
STARstrapTM -plus is obtainable in widhts ranging from 15 to 32 mm. It is increasingly used for converting of steel strap.
STARstrapTM-ULTRA is a high tech strap with extremely great tensile strength and seal efficiency. It replaces high-strength steel strap in heavy applications, especially in the metalworking industry. STARstrap™-ULTRA is obtainable in widths ranging from 19 x 1.27 to 32 x 1.20 mm.
STARstrapTM-plus – the new generation – often requires no edge protection
Production plants for Polyester strapping
STARstrap™ is manufactured on state of the art extrusion lines in new plants equipped with quality control- and test machinery ensuring a high standard of quality.
FROMM produces all common commercial sizes of strap guaranteeing a perfect performance of its tools and machines. Extensive warehouse facilities and a professional logistic operation allow FROMM to respond quickly to the market needs.
Production quality process
STARstrap™ is environmental friendly, free of pollution and in compliance with the European Packaging Directive 94/62/EC.
STARstrap™ is made of 100% polyester. The bulk of this raw material is manufactured in the FROMM owned plastics recycling plant Texplast GmbH in Wolfen, Germany. All FROMM production facilities have DIN EN ISO 9001 and DIN EN ISO 14001 certification.
- For more or detailled information please visit the website of FROMM Plastics in Kölleda.